Monday, February 12, 2018

Lots of layers for a Merry Monday

Hello! I'm back with two more Christmas cards and I'm so happy that I've been able to make time to create my Christmas cards early!  Today's cards were completely inspired by a trip to a local paper crafting store!  They were recently having a HUGE clearance sale to make room for all of the goodies they ordered from their trip to CHA and I decided to see what treasures I couldn't live without.  Yes, I know I still have lots of supplies in boxes that haven't been unpacked... Yes, I know I'm on a mission to use up my older stash items so there will be room for the aforementioned boxes... Yes, I know I really didn't NEED anything... Thankfully, I also know that most creative people (including my sister who totally enabled me on this trip) will understand exactly why I needed to go!

I showed a lot of restraint and didn't buy a ton of things, but there were a few bargains that were too good to pass up.  One of these was a decoupage pack kit with two really sweet Christmas images.  I've seen others use these, but hadn't tried them myself.  I really liked the 3D effect of stacking the layers and these will make great cards for family members with younger children.  Because the pieces were so layered and detailed, I kept my base to a bare minimum of embossing with a folder.  Other than the time it took to put the layers together, these came together in literally minutes.


The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the font for the word 'Joy', but I was quite limited by the size of the tag and only had one alphabet set that would work...  

I bought another Christmas set (not on clearance, but still a great deal) and will be playing with that next week.  This set has quite a few more designs and coordinating papers, so I'm looking forward to seeing where it will take me!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Card Recipe:  Paper-whisper white, card making kit (tossed the paper without thinking to get the name...), Stamp set-Designer Typeset(ret), Ink-memento tuxedo black, Accessories-Snowburst ef, Cuttlebug Star Blanket ef

1 comment:

  1. What sweet images with great detail. Keep up the great work of creating your Christmas cards well ahead of time !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!