Sunday, January 14, 2018

Still using the Speedy Style...

Hello and welcome!  At the risk of boring you to death with more of the same, I'm sharing a few more cards I made using the Speedy approach.  It seems like I'm always needing birthday cards and I don't have a lot of thank you type cards either, so I quickly added a few cards to my stash using the 12x12 into 4x4 method.

I'm not going to go into detail again, but if you need the directions, they can be found here.  I used Well Worn DSP for a bit of a masculine touch, and Sunshine & Sprinkles worked perfectly for something a bit more girly!

Sentiment from Number of Years

Sentiment from Stampabilities (really old stamp!)

Sentiment from Apothecary Art

I love how these basic cards really showcase the fantastic prints of the papers and I've managed to eliminate a few pages from my paper supply (not that you could tell by looking...).

While I still absolutely LOVE Stampin' UP, I just couldn't justify attempting to keep my consultant status during everything I was juggling last year.  I am sure I will eventually go back because I love my Stamp Clubs and Classes and would love to do them again in the future.  Since I'm no longer pressured (yeah, that's the excuse word I'll use) into having all new product, I am making a resolution to make a massive dent in my paper stash this year.  Our church does a greeting card/note outreach program and I am planning on making several note cards to donate, and I'm considering doing something online to sell my cards and creations as well. 

During our move, I had an intervention type moment with my ribbon stash as well!  You really don't know how much you have in boxes and containers until you try to put everything in a new space... So I'm thinking there will be a lot of card making and scrapbooking that involves the use of ribbon as well!  Wish me luck!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a marvelous day!

Card Recipe: Paper-Well Worn, Sunshine & Sprinkles, crumb cake, river rock, daffodil delight, Ink-cajun craze, not quite navy, melon mambo, Stamp Sets-Number of Years, Apothecary Art




3 comments:

  1. I'm never bored looking at your pretty cards! LOVE this design and what a great way to make some great cards and at the same time use some of the patterned paper. Great cards!
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedy is wonderful, too! Each of these are just fabulous, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards Margaret - and the layout is a nice way to use up stash - my goal this year is to purge stuff I am not using

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!