Monday, July 3, 2017

Something Blue-It's wedding time!

Well, hello! I can not express how happy I am to be finding time to post on my blog more regularly again!  I know that creative blogs are sort of 'out of fashion' and many aren't using them anymore, but I really enjoy the combination of the written (typed) word and creating things.  It's a bit cheaper than traditional therapy too!

Today, I'm sharing a card I made for my nephew and his bride's wedding.  They are such a wonderful couple! Both are teachers and enjoy coaching sports, so they both have a great built in support system!  I don't usually like to do assembly line cards (several exactly the same), but when you're trying to finish remodeling, moving, taking care of parents, and running kids places-sometimes you just do what you must to get things done!  I ended up making six cards that were very similar and now have a stash of wedding and anniversary cards again.


This is the card I made for the happy couple.  Their colors were yellow and blue with hints of silver, and I thought the paper from Delicate Dots (very retired DSP) worked perfectly!  The card is elegant and simple which fits both their personalities!
The other cards are very similar to this wedding card and used most of the same supplies.






I am so happy you stopped by and hope you found some inspiration or ideas for your own creations!  Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting!

Card Recipe: Paper-Delicate Dots DSP (ret), So Saffron, Whisper White, Ink-Smoky Slate, Bashful Blue (ret), Stamp Sets-Blessed By God, Floral Phrases, Accessories-bashful blue grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals



1 comment:

  1. I always want to create more of a card design but somehow never manage it-lovely wedding and anniversary cards-I have some of that dsp in my stash as well

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!