Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Sky Is the Limit!!

Hi! Today is a very snowy, chilly day and the powers that be decided we didn't need to go to school today!  My initial reaction was 'there goes another day of spring break...' but that was quickly replaced with snoozing for a few more hours and then spending a mellow day creating at home.

I am slowly getting some ink on the stack of stamp sets that had yet to be used and today's card features one that can be earned for free during Sale-a-bration.  It is called Sky Is the Limit and it works wonderfully for travel and masculine cards in general.  This card was truly an experiment since I had an idea of what might look cool.  I wanted to stamp the plane directly onto the dsp, flying over the map design.  Now there might be a fantastic way to do this that I'm not aware of, but when I tried it, it didn't look great.  So I did what I always do when I mess up, I covered it up! LOL!


Since the dsp had an aged and grimy edge to it, I carried that feel onto my stamped layer.  Then I went over the clouds with a q-tip and some whisper white ink.  While it didn't end up being as cool as I thought it would, I think it turned out OK.  Sorry about the washed out look, not sure why it's like that...

Well, that's it for me today.  I have more cards to share with you, but will space them out over the next week or so.  I'm not sure my blog could handle me posting so much all at once after the long period of neglect!  Have a wonderful day and may all your mistakes turn to masterpieces!

Card Recipe: Paper-crumb cake, Epic Day dsp (ret), Stamp Set-Sky Is the Limit, Ink-soft suede, whisper white, Accessories-hemp twine (ret), dimensionals 

2 comments:

  1. I like it , great job "fixing your mistake" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this card- and the new stamp set- looks like your snow day was a productive one for you

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!