Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Tea-riffic Card

Hi! I'm back again with another 'snow day' card!  I have to admit that while I wasn't thrilled about missing work, it was fun to play with some new goodies!

Today's card could be used for different occasions-thank you, thinking of you, birthday, accomplishments...  This is also another card that changed from the original plan in my brain.  I wanted to use  Birthday Bouquet dsp for this card because the feminine patterns went so well with the whole teacup idea.  So I planned out my card, cut my paper and when I went to put the layers together I couldn't bring myself to cover so much of the pretty paper!  I mean why on earth would I used such beautiful paper and then just slap another piece of paper over it so only a small edge peeked out?!  So my original stamped image was set aside and I stamped a new smaller layer to pair with the pretty paper.  I really love the way this turned out and can think of several people who would enjoy this one.


I did have one issue with the stamping.  I have always loved rubber stamps and haven't worked much with the photopolymers.  I could not successfully get the center of the cup to stamp as well as the edges.  I ended up adding the sentiment to the center, which worked out well, but I really need to play around with this stamp a little more to see what the trick is.  I'll share my knowledge when I get it!

The majority of items used for this card are from the Occasions catalog which is currently available.  I have a link to the catalog in the left column if you would like to take a peek.  But I digress.  I already mentioned the beautiful Birthday Bouquet dsp, and the images are from A Nice Cuppa, but I think my favorite thing is the Wink of Stella pen.  Oh my word, could adding shimmer be any more easy???  I'm not sure if it shows up well on screen, but the steamy heart was treated to this glimmery goodness and it is so pretty!  I don't often make cards this 'girly', but I really like the way it came together, and now I have an all occasion card to add to my stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me and I hope you have a wonderful week!  Find your inner shimmer and make something awesome!!

Card Recipe:  Paper-whisper white, blushing bride, Birthday Bouquet dsp, Stamp Set-A Nice Cuppa, Ink-pool party, blushing bride, soft suede, Accessories-pool party seam binding (ret), Wink of Stella, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I have the same issue sometime with larger stamps not wanting to stamp fully in the center. The sentiment looks perfect there though and looks as though you planned it. SO pretty and I love that background paper too.
    Sorry I haven't been around lately. Too many health issues with the hubby.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a stunning card, SIB and the way the center stamped actually made me think it had a sort of vintage 'crackle' or aged look to it; which makes me all sorts of happy on my face. Love those Spring colors too!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Margaret- I was surprised to read your comment about the center stamping- I thought it was to look that way- I like the look- you should check out the MISTI tool- it eliminates all those problems

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!