Sunday, September 9, 2012

ABACC #1 My first project!!

Hello!  It is week two of the bi-weekly Anything Goes challenge at ABACC (anything but a card challenge) and I am one of the featured designers this week!  If you haven't already checked out the other ladies work, you really need to pop in!  I am in awe of the talent coming from this group and feel just a tad bit intimidated!  But only a little!!

I had a chipboard journal in my stash for over a year, from last year's Stampin' UP regional event as a matter of fact!  I kept meaning to get it out and play with it, but never felt inspired until now.  I inked the chipboard with very vanilla craft ink and then proceeded to add lots of different shades of brown from the neutrals collection.  It also got a good dose of early espresso and crumb cake from the color spritzer.  Nice and grungy!!


I used the more mustard and soft suede cardstock, the linen thread, and the mini clothespin which came in the chipboard project kit.  I did not however choose to decorate it like the project page.  I pulled out the daisy from Reason to smile, inked it up with crumb cake and then colored the center with pastels.


I'm planning on using this for a quotes, verses, thoughts, etc. journal... something to make me think and be a better person, which is why I chose the sentiment from Just Believe.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my first creation for ABACC and that you will make time to play along if you haven't already, and if you have, well...play again!!

Project Recipe:  chipboard journal (retired), Cardstock-more mustard, soft suede, naturals ivory, Ink-very vanilla, early espresso, crumb cake, soft suede, Stamp Sets-Reason to Smile (ret), Just Believe, Accessories-linen thread, pear pizzazz seam binding (ret.), color spritzer, pastels, mini clothespin basic pearl, 1 3/4 and 2 1/2" circle punch, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, non SU flower punch

18 comments:

  1. I think you totally rocked your first project Margaret. Love what you did with that notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the design team ! *LOVE* this project; that twine wrapping is a fun detail .

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely and that sentiment is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one like this!!! Ummm, correction, mine is putrid looking and desperately needs a facelift, but the shape is the same and I LOOOOVE, lurve, love what you've done here. The design is so imaginative and inspiring and the concept behind why you made it....incredibly motivational!! Excellent work here my friend, just excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously LOOOVE this notebook. The twine is just my favorite thing ever right now and you used it beautifully! I'm glad I get to be on the ABAC DT with you!!! :) :)

    --Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea to make a little journal that you can keep with you always to write thoughts and ideas. The daisy in the middle of the flower embellie is gorgeous. A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, this is over the top FABULOUS!!! LOVE the entire look of it - such wonderful colors and sentiment!!!
    Fantastic!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great notebook... I love your zigzagging twine, and the daisy looks gorgeous! Loving the ABAC DT inspiration!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I think this is just beautiful and such a good idea! I am always seeing quotes I want to remember.. hmm, I may need to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great journal, the flower tag looks perfect with the style!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you!!A fabulous Journal!!Awesome!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! This is so cool! I believe mine is still in the package!! He he!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks fabulous, Margaret! Awesome job! I'm not even sure I know where my notebook is! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome journal, Margaret! I love all the spritzing and sponging--especially with the vanilla ink. Hmmm, have to dig mine out. I also like the bits of ribbon you added and the clothespin is too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou for your lovely comments. Your journal is delightful, especially the earthy neutrals and use of the linen thread. Loved the mini peg idea.. have some languishing, waiting to be used.Di

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh! I just love this!! You did a fantastic job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea, Margaret! Love the grungy abut girlie look. And I'm with you on the sentiment! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!